Sunday 6 June 2010





Something very different for me this week end. A work colleague of mine is in the Sealed Knot Society and an event at the Stratford Armories yesterday gave me an excuse to go and photograph subject matter that I've never explored before. The battlefield itself was quite far away and I could really have done with a longer lens. As luck would have it, a fellow photographer was also shooting from the same spot. I laughingly use the term fellow photographer, as when he introduced himself, he was none other than John Beardsworth! I really couldn't have picked a better person to have a chat to on that day. John is an official photographer for the SK and certainly knows his trade. He has written several books on the subject and gave me a link to his website. I have perused his images this morning, and quite frankly wondered why I bothered at all yesterday! But we all have to start somewhere and he was generous enough to give me lots of useful tips. I'd highly recommend a visit to John's website at www.beardsworth.co.uk

After seeing John's work, I'm almost embarrassed to post the pictures above, but this was my first attempt. A great day and what a wonderful organisation. www.thesealedknot.org.uk

No comments: